Friday, August 27, 2010

I Ordered New Strings!

Finally, I was able to order my new cello strings! SW Strings in Tucson has fairly quick shipping, so I am hoping to get them here and then installed before Sept. 3 -- our first chamber group meeting. I put off ordering the bow until a later date. I really need a new bow, but perhaps will be able to get one within the next week or so.

I also found out that I can now buy a new cello outfit and make monthly payments on it. You used to be able to do this with SW Strings own brands, but now I can purchase an Eastman or Scott Cao cello set and pay installments. This helps recover from the sticker shock -- nearly $2600. I am going to do it in October, after I get hired for a new job (oh, yes -- I have an interview for a FT position at one of our local colleges!)

On another note -- I practiced today. This was the second time for me since I started working at Macy's. I am stiff and really out of practice (no pun here), so the next week will be spent working on fingering exercises and bowing technique. Can you believe that two weeks off of practice, and everything just grinds to a halt. The good news is that I didn't sound that bad -- so with new strings and a new bow, I might just come out sounding sweet!

No comments: