Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cello Update

Struggling with doubt and fear of failure - UGH! I have decided that it is two things: new strings and a new bow. I think my confidence went out the door with these changes to my cello. I didn't think it would that big a deal, just a better sound and ease of playing -- but I was wrong. I am struggling to play well, and I don't like it. Also, I am not practicing as much as I should -- thanks to working PT at Macy's. Sigh!

On a higher note (hee hee) -- my teacher and I practiced with the piano and violin yesterday so that I could get a better feel for my chamber pieces. These are difficult ones she made for me, and I can play them, but the timing is more advanced, and I am either too fast or too slow. More work, more practice and I can play them, I know it.

No comments: