Sunday, June 13, 2010

Practice 6/13/2010

Practice today was OK. I am feeling down about my progress. I know I am doing well, but I don't sound like the CD at all. Not that I should at this stage of the game, but I thought I might at the least sound "a little" like the person playing on the CD (slower than actually performed). What I am noticing is that Book 3 is incredibly difficult for me. I can read the notes, and even play them, but I am having trouble playing them correctly. I know this is because I have only been playing the cello for six months, and this is a 3rd year course. What do I do? I don't know. I have dropped back to Book 2, but I pretty much can play these songs properly. I am replaying them, focusing on musicianship/performance, but still, I am getting bored and depressed. I guess I need to just keep working on Book 3 and push through this period, knowing that in time, it will all work out for me.

No comments: