Monday, June 21, 2010

Practice 6/21/2010

Practice went really well today. My cello seems to have appreciated the work up my teacher gave him, and today he was just singing away! I am now thinking that I might be able to change the strings without investing hundreds of dollars into them. I found a set of Super-Sensitive strings for $45. I am used to playing on steel strings, and have tried D'Addario Helicore and didn't really find them easy to play on (my teacher uses them on her cello). I like steel strings, so I think I will just stay with them for the time being. I am also going to invest in a new beginner bow. My bow is bent (warped), and I have been using my teachers bow. It needs rehairing, so I think I will just buy a student bow (about $35). With new strings and a bow, I should be able to continue to play my Kay cello for a while longer. Hooray!!

No comments: