Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Practice May 4

Yuck, yuck, yuck. Why will my fingers not cooperate with me? I tell them what to do, but they will not do it. I tell them to move in a particular order, but they tend to want to go where they want to go. It is so frustrating for me. I am about to quit (no, not really), but I feel like that is what I want to do today. I am thinking that I will never get past this point, that I will never play like a real cellist, and that I will always so sooooo crappy! I think this is why most teachers say that it is much easier to learn as a child. Children are far more patient than adults, and they don't take it quite as hard when they sound bad. They just accept it and move on. Adults know what sounds good, and when they make screeching sounds -- well -- no one needs to tell them just how bad they really sound.

Sighing and feeling so blue. Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

No comments: